Art & Craft Studio
Arts and crafts activities @ Superkidz will stimulate children’s imagination and creativity, helping them with physical and mental development.
Art is important for children especially during their early development. Art engages children’s senses in open-ended play and develops cognitive, social-emotional and multi-sensory skills. As children progress into elementary school and beyond, art continues to provide opportunities for brain development, mastery and creativity.
Art helps children understand other subjects much more clearly from math and science, to language arts and geography. Art nurtures inventiveness as it engages children in a process that aids in the development of self-esteem, self-discipline, cooperation, and self-motivation.
Participating in art activities @ Superkidz helps children to gain the tools necessary for understanding human experience, adapting to and respecting others’ ways of working and thinking, developing creative problem-solving skills, and communicating thoughts and ideas in a variety of ways.
At Superkidz drawing is considered one of the most important activities children can do. Drawing not only provides the basis for other creative activities – like painting, sculpture and printmaking – but it also provides a direct link with reading, writing and especially mathematics. The connection between drawing and geometric shapes and measurements simply cannot be denied. At Superkidz interesting and interactive activities are designed to enhance creative skills in a child. It’s been proven that early exposure to visual art, music, or drama promotes activity in the brain. Realistic drawing and painting skills help strengthen confidence, which in turn lessens frustration.
Children of all ages benefit from cooking activities. At Superkidz we teach measurement, encourage children to explore their senses and entice them to try new foods. Cooking is a beneficial skill, our coordinators teach children about different types of ingredients and healthy eating. At Superkidz we educate children about cooking and introducing them to fun and tasty recipes. While teaching cooking at Superkidz we train them to make better eating decisions and take pride in cooking their own food.
Dining Room @ Superkidz is a place where children could carry over their understanding of nutrition, healthy living, and social skills and responsibility daily. In addition, they are responsible for cleaning up after themselves and recycling. Children will learn table manners which will help them in future.
The space includes:
- The warmth and intimacy of natural light.
- Family-style seating.
- An acoustic design that contributes to a calm atmosphere.
- An arrangement that provides easy flow of students and staff through the serving area.
- A child-friendly aesthetic that reflects the joy we all feel when we gather with friends and enjoy good food.
Our Dining facilities provide exactly the kind of atmosphere we want for our children as they engage in the most fundamental and wonderful of activities: Eating with table manners
Dancing @ Superkidz benefits a child’s education in number of ways. Through dance, children not only learn the benefits of exercising, but they also learn coordination, balance, flexibility, stamina, stability, memory and discipline.
- Dancing Boosts Self Esteem : Dancing boosts a child’s self-esteem. Dancing makes children feel good and help them gain confidence in their own abilities.
- Dancing Improves Memory: Dancing requires memorization. Children improve their overall memory when trying to remember steps.
- Learn How To Listen :Dancing teaches children how to listen, whether it be instruction or for the beat. When children are listening, they are not talking.
- Develop Social Skills: Dance classes @ Superkidz shows children how to interact with their peers in a positive manner.
- Physical Development: Physical development is one of the most obvious benefits dance classes @ Superkidz have for children. They learn a great range of motion, body awareness, balance, muscle strength, coordination, and endurance. Movement patterns require the child to use their entire body to reach a level of fitness that is unparalleled by other activities. Through dance classes, kids begin to understand that the possibilities of movement are endless and fun to explore.
Children are born musicians, dancers, artists and storytellers, and the opportunities for healthy development are endless. At Superkidz we provide the welcoming environment, setting the stage for creativity, learning and fun for our little angels. Music @ Superkidz reemphasizes what comes naturally to young children
Music @ Superkidz helps students:
- Nourish the brain while affecting all areas of development.
- Strengthen listening, motor skills, language and problem solving.
- Help develop critical listening skills.
- Create space for emotional well-being.
- Provide opportunities to practice social skills.
- Support phonemic awareness.
- Instill acts of kindness and cooperation.
- Calm and focus mind.
- Encourage interaction in non-threatening ways.